What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for CERamic REConstruction and is a CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing) technology: one of the most advanced currently available in modern dentistry.
Many patients come to us requiring a missing piece of one or more teeth replacing with specially-made parts known as “restorations.”
Using CEREC we are able to create restorations to replace larger fillings, and create inlays, onlays, crowns, dental bridges and implants. They can even be used to repair badly broken teeth.
These types of restorations usually need to be specially-made in a lab, which takes a long time (2 weeks) and then requires multiple visits to the dentist to have them measured and fitted.
But with the aid of CEREC technology, we can now create precise restorations that perfectly fit and have them in-place and looking completely natural in about one hour – right here at Willaston Dental Care.
Benefits of CEREC
- CEREC restorations actually strengthen and seal the tooth
- There’s no metal/mercury in your mouth – CEREC is 100% ceramic material
- CEREC requires less drilling = little loss of dental tissue
- Only one visit is required
- The restoration looks and feels completely natural
- No sticky moulds need to be pressed over your teeth
- No temporary caps/etc are required
- No need to wait two weeks for your restoration to be made
- CEREC restorations can last 20+ years